Fossil Fish Mural, 40" x 26”
This is a breathtaking mural with five beautiful prehistoric fish of different species: Diplomystus, Knightia (3), and Cockerellites.
These fish swam in ancient Eocene lakes in Wyoming, USA, 50 million years ago. They were discovered in the famous Green River Formation, which is known to produce some of the most spectacular vertebrate fossils. Interestingly, Diplomystus have even been found with small fish (like Knightia, or even smaller Diplomystus!) preserved in their mouths.
It took many hours of painstaking work by a professional fossil preparator to reveal the fine bones of these fossil fish from the stone. Surely, it was worth the effort to bring these ancient fish to life!
- Gorgeous fossil specimens of fine detail on textured matrix.
- The slab of stone measures 40 x 26 inches.
- Specimens inset into the shale matrix
- Includes a sturdy backing and system to hang slab flush on a wall.
- Will be securely shipped in a wooden crate. We ship worldwide. Please contact us to receive a shipping estimate.