Megalodon Shark Tooth - 4.60 inches
- This beautifully shaped fossil shark tooth (Carcharocles megalodon) is a true collector piece. It's highly desirable because of near-perfect root, gorgeous enamel, razor sharp serrations and pointed tip. This particular gem is completely unrestored.
- Beaufort County, South Carolina, USA
- Hawthorn Formation: 3 - 7 million years old
- Megalodon was the largest predatory fish to ever swim the oceans. Astonishingly, Megalodon bite marks have been found in whale bones. Scientists estimate that Megalodon measured 10 feet for every inch of shark tooth length. This monster probably measured over 40 feet long!
- Measures precisely 4.60 inches at longest slant.
- Choose to buy with the pictured stand ($40 extra) or without stand
Image courtesy of - http://www.karencarr.com/tmpl1.php?CID=196