Megalodon Shark Tooth - 4.00 inches
This piece is unavailable
- This beautifully fossil shark tooth (Carcharocles megalodon) is very desirable because of its completeness (including near-perfect root), razor sharp serrations, gorgeously coloured enamel and pointed tip. This particular gem is completely unrestored.
- Beaufort County, South Carolina, USA
- Hawthorn Formation: 3 - 7 million years old
- Megalodon was the largest predatory fish to ever swim the oceans. Astonishingly, Megalodon bite marks have been found in whale bones. Scientists estimate that Megalodon measured 10 feet for every inch of shark tooth length. This monster probably measured around 40 feet long!
- Measures precisely 4.00 inches at longest slant.
- Choose to buy with the pictured stand ($40 extra) or without stand
Image courtesy of - http://www.karencarr.com/tmpl1.php?CID=196