Fossil Shrimp from Solnhofen, Germany - Amazing Preservation
This piece has been sold, but we may have a similar item available. Contact us online to make an inquiry.
- Please inquire if you are interested in a similar shrimp fossil.
- This excellent, aesthetic fossil shrimp comes from the famous Solnhofen lithographic limestone, in Eichstatt, Germany. This region is home to some of the world's most important fossil discoveries, including Archaeopteryx, the feathered dinosaur.
- Species: Aeger spinipes, Age: Late Jurassic, 148 million years old.
- The limestone plate measures about 13 inches or 34 cm by 9.5 inches or 24 cm, and the fossil shrimp is 6 inches (15 cm ) long (not including antennae). Weighs 1565 grams (3.7 lbs.).
- Both sides of the plate have a beautiful pattern of dendrites - a tree like pattern of crystallized minerals.