Fossil Shrimp from Solnhofen, Germany - Amazing Preservation
This piece is unavailable
- Please inquire if you are interested in a similar shrimp fossil.
- This excellent, aesthetic fossil shrimp comes from the famous Solnhofen lithographic limestone, in Eichstatt, Germany. This region is home to some of the world's most important fossil discoveries, including Archaeopteryx, the feathered dinosaur.
- Species: Aeger spinipes, Age: Late Jurassic, 148 million years old.
- The limestone plate measures about 12 inches or 30 cm by 10 inches or 26 cm, and the fossil shrimp is 4 inches (10 cm ) long (not including antennae). Weighs 1569 grams (3.7 lbs.).
- Both sides of the plate have a beautiful pattern of dendrites - a tree like pattern of crystallized minerals.