Large Rock Lobster - Cycleryon - 7.48"
- Exceptionally large and well preserved rock lobster.
- Species: Cycleryon propinquus
- Age: Upper Jurassic, Tithonian (150.8 million to 145.5 million years ago)
- Locality: Solnhofen layers, Malm zeta 2, Eichstatt, Bavaria, Germany.
- Matrix measures appr. 10.6" x 12.8" / 27 cm x 32.5 cm”
- The size from head to tail is about 5 inches / 13 cm and the longest distance you can measure in the specimen is about 7.48" / 19 cm (from pincher to tail).
- Superior preparation work - 37 hours!
- Please contact us for a shipping quote
The Solnhofen Limestone encompasses what was once a network of placid lagoons during the Jurassic Period in Bavaria, Germany. Among the famous and rare discoveries here include archaeopteryx and pterosaurs. The preservation in this deposit is so remarkable that fossils of soft-bodied organisms like jellyfish and squid have been found!