Huge Pyritized Lytoceras Ammonite - 27" Matrix
This piece is unavailable
- This huge (15.25") pyritized Lytoceras ammonite comes from the famous Holzmaden Shale in southern Germany. It dates to the Jurassic Period - about 200 million years ago. Over millennia, the shell compressed, forming a very unique presentation.
- An incredible decorator piece - the golden ammonite specimen contrasts gorgeously from the black shale slab background.
- Black metal stand included
- Matrix weighs 42 Lb. Matrix measures 27"W x 23.75"H x 1.25"D.
- The ammonite specimen 15.25"L
- Find out fascinating information about ammonites.
- Learn about pyritized fossils.
- Own work