Fossil Fish Mural, 40" x 30"
This piece has been sold, but we may have a similar item available. Contact us online to make an inquiry.
This is a breathtaking mural with three beautiful prehistoric fish of different species: Diplomystus, Mioplosus and Knightia.
These fish swam in ancient Eocene lakes in Wyoming, USA, 50 million years ago. They were discovered in the famous Green River Formation, which is known to produce some of the most spectacular vertebrate fossils. Interestingly, Diplomystus have even been found with small fish (like Knightia, or even smaller Diplomystus!) preserved in their mouths.
It took many hours of painstaking work by a professional fossil preparator to reveal the fine bones of these fossil fish from the stone. Surely, it was worth the effort to bring these ancient fish to life!
- An exceptional, museum quality piece. Gorgeous fossil specimens on textured matrix.
- The slab of stone measures 40 x 30 inches long / 101.6 x 76.2 cm
- Specimens inset into the shale matrix
- Includes a sturdy backing and system to hang slab flush on a wall.
- Will be securely shipped in a wooden crate. We ship worldwide. Please contact us to receive a shipping estimate.