Ask For Price
Spectacular Complete Woolly Rhino Skull
- Here is a world-class example of an Ice Age icon, the woolly rhinoceros (Coelodonta antiquitatis).
- It was discovered in Southwest Siberia, in Russia - Kemerovo, Leninsk-Kuznetsk District.
- This incredible find dates to the Pleistocene Epoch: 20,000 to 22,000 years old.
- The skull has impressive museum-quality replica horns (cast from original horns and painted to match original colour).
- A gorgeous stained oak stand included, which highlights the skull in a natural position
- This specimen is complete and not a composite, meaning that the lower jaws and upper skull belonged to the same animal. It also has less than 1% restoration (just some small cavities of anterior lower jaws filled). Most rhino skulls that come to the market are composite specimens, as it is rare to find the jaws preserved alongside the upper skull.
Entire piece (skull with horns on the stand):
L - 44" ; H - 52 1/2" ; W - 12 1/2"
The wooden base :
L - 27" ; H - 1 1/2" ; W - 11 1/4"
Cave art of a woolly rhino, Southern France (Chauvet Cave).