Megalodon Shark Tooth - 5.19 inches
This piece is unavailable
- This killer fossil shark tooth (Carcharocles megalodon) is very desirable because of its size, completeness (including amazing root and part of the bourrelet), razor sharp serrations and pointed tip.
- Completely unrestored.
- Beaufort County, South Carolina, USA
- Hawthorn Formation: 3 - 7 million years old
- Megalodon was the largest predatory fish to ever swim the oceans. Astonishingly, Megalodon bite marks have been found in whale bones. Scientists estimate that Megalodon measured 10 feet for every inch of shark tooth length. This monster could have measured over 50 feet long!
- Measures precisely 5.19 inches at longest slant; weighs 295 grams.
- Choose to buy with the pictured stand ($40 extra) or without stand
Image courtesy of - http://www.karencarr.com/tmpl1.php?CID=196