Meg Tooth, Pyrite Inlay - 5.82"
This piece has been sold, but we may have a similar item available. Contact us online to make an inquiry.
- This massive fossil shark tooth has been inlaid with golden pyrite and polished - it's a beautiful and eye-catching megalodon tooth that is sure to stand out in any space! It is also an unusually large tooth (5.82 inches long)!
- Found in South Carolina, Charleston area.
- Approx. 4-5 million years old
- Megalodon was the largest predatory fish to ever swim the oceans. Astonishingly, Megalodon bite marks have been found in whale bones. Scientists estimate that Megalodon measured 10 feet for every inch of shark tooth length. This monster probably measured well over 50 feet long!
- Measures precisely 5.82" at longest edge; 5.70 inches second edge, and 4.14 inches wide wide. Weighs 325 grams.
- Please select option (1) without the stand, or with stand ($35 extra - choose wooden or "marble")
Image courtesy of - http://www.karencarr.com/tmpl1.php?CID=196