Polished Emerald Crystals in Matrix, 4.72 lbs, 5.54"
This piece has been sold, but we may have a similar item available. Contact us online to make an inquiry.
- This beautiful piece is of the famed emerald in its natural state, polished to accentuate the natural sixfold symmetry of beryl’s hexagonal crystallography.
- This specimen originates from Bahia, Brazil.
- Emeralds are among the oldest gemstones in recorded history, used in Ancient Egypt from at least 1600 BCE. Until their discovery in Brazil and Colombia, the only known source of emeralds was Egypt.
- Emeralds are the green variety of the beryl mineral, which also includes the aquamarine, morganite, heliodor, goshenite and red beryl.
- This is a special piece from a decades-old collection.
- Weighs 4.72 lbs, 2140 grams. Measures 5.54" wide, 5.38" high and 4.2" deep.
- Longest crystal measures 3.2" long - widest crystal measures 1.48" wide.
- Ships with DHL Express, Fully Insured. Choose "Expedited Parcel"