Pyritized Lytoceras Ammonites - 27" Matrix
This piece has been sold, but we may have a similar item available. Contact us online to make an inquiry.
These spectacular pyritized Lytoceras ammonites comes from the famous Holzmaden Shale in southern Germany. It dates to the Jurassic Period - about 200 million years ago. Over millennia, the shell compressed, forming a very unique presentation.
- An incredible decorator piece - the golden ammonite specimen contrasts gorgeously from the black shale slab background.
- Black metal stand included
- Can be displayed well in several orientations.
- Weighs 50 Lb. Matrix measures 27"W x 25"H x 1"D.
- The larger ammonite specimen is 11.5"W.
- Find out fascinating information about ammonites.
- Learn about pyritized fossils.
- Own work