Pyritized Lytoceras Ammonites - 19.75" Matrix
- This spectacular pyritized Lytoceras ammonite comes from the famous Holzmaden Shale in southern Germany. It dates to the Jurassic Period - about 200 million years ago. Over millennia, the shell compressed, forming a very unique presentation.
- An incredible decorator piece - the golden ammonite specimen contrasts gorgeously from the black shale slab background.
- Black metal stand included
- Weighs approx. 30 Lb. Matrix measures 19.75"W x 19.5"H x 1"D.
- The larger ammonite specimen is 10"W.
- Find out fascinating information about ammonites.
- Learn about pyritized fossils.
- Own work